But, speaking of toys...today I went out and bought myself a new car (you think this is a hippie car, BoSox? Well, I've never said I didn't have hippie traits!). This car is so cool. It is a hybrid, both electric and gasoline. Moreover, unlike my last two cars (a Lexus SC430 and the Subaru Forester that I traded for this), it uses regular unleaded gasoline instead of premium. It gets 60 miles per gallon in the city and 51 mpg on the highway. I figure I will save $1,500 per year on fuel cost alone. Yes, it will take me a few years to recover the additional investment that I had to make, but there are other benefits, to wit:
* Hands-free Bluetooth enabled, voice activated telephone system
* Navigation system that rivals the one in my Lexus
* Keyless operation (as long as I have the key in my purse I can open the car and start it, I don't actually have to use the key)
* It is great for the environment
* The demand is so high for these cars that the used ones have been selling for as much or more than they originally cost
* It got to 85 mph so fast (and quiet) that it startled me
OK, now I have to stop this playing on the computer and go dilate.